he Scientific Committee of the European Congress on Entomology welcomes the submission of abstracts for original contributions to the field of Entomology. Authors may submit abstracts relevant to the Congress Thematic Sessions either as an Oral or as a Poster contribution.
All abstracts for Oral or Poster presentations should be submitted via the congress website (https://ece2023.com/) not later than 20 March 2023 by filling in the online submission form.
The abstracts submitted will be assessed, peer reviewed and grouped by topic. Accepted abstracts will be presented as oral or poster presentations. All presented abstracts as oral or poster form will be published in the book of abstracts.
For every accepted abstract is required for at least one of the authors to be pre-registered.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented exclusively in English. Authors and contributors are encouraged to perform a careful check of their texts for their scientific meanings and make a good use of the English language.
- During the submission process, all authors will be asked to upload a ready for publication file as well, as described in the Abstract content. Authors are exclusively responsible for the submission of their work according to the abstract submission guidelines and for submitting their abstract in due time according to the abstract submission deadline. Abstracts that do not comply with the guidelines may be returned for corrections if time allows or, if submitted after the deadline, may be automatically disqualified.
- All submitted abstracts are subjected to a peer review process. After the evaluation, corresponding authors will receive feedback. The Scientific Committee may change the requested presentation type from Oral to Poster or from Poster to Oral following communication and approval by the authors. All accepted abstracts will be presented as Oral or Poster presentations and will be published in the 12th European Congress on Entomology Book of Abstracts.
In case you find any difficulty in submitting your abstract electronically, please contact ARTION Conferences & Events (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Each author can submit a maximum of 3 abstracts (as corresponding author) and present a maximum of 2 abstracts, if the author is participating in more abstracts, they must be submitted and presented by other registered co-authors.
- Each abstract should correspond to one of the Congress Thematic Session’s and Sub sessions (e.g. Session: Insect biotechnology – Sub session: Improved methods for RNAi-mediated pest control).
Software: The abstracts should be typed on a word processor (“.doc” or “.docx” format).
Title: Type in 11 pt, Bold, single spaced, as brief as possible. Scientific names in the title in italics, in lower-case.
Authors: Leave one line, 11pt between title and authors. The surname should follow the first initial of the name; and the superscript should be inserted at the end with no space. The presenter’s name should be underlined; the Corresponding author’s name should be indicated by an asterisk; the superscript should not be underlined and follow the asterisk. Listed names should be separated by a comma, e.g. J. Smith1, A. Papadopoulos2
Font, size, spacing, alignment: Type in Calibri font, sentence-case, single-spaced, with specific spaces between paragraphs, as described in each section and justified paragraph alignment. The first line of the paragraphs should not be indented.
Address of institution: It should be written in Italics. The name of the institution should precede the location, if the location is not included in the name of the institution (e.g. Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas (IMBB-FORTH), Heraklion, Crete, Greece). When more than one institution is mentioned, the reference superscript should be written in parentheses before the name, e.g. M. Papadopoulou1, A. Papadopoulos2
1 Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas (IMBB-FORTH), Heraklion, Crete, Greece
2 Department of Biology, University of Crete (UoC), Greece
*Corresponding author: Leave one line, 11pt and write the corresponding author’s e-mail address.
Abstract: Leave one line, 11 pt between keywords and abstract text. There should not be a space between paragraphs. Abbreviations may be used after the reference has been written out in full in parentheses after the first appear in the text. The text should be no longer than 250 words. Tables, illustrations, and references may not be inserted.
Keywords: Leave one line, 11pt between abstract text and keywords. Write the only the word “Keyword” in bold. • A minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 keywords may be inserted.